Cultivating an atmosphere where
arts and culture thrive.
call for proposals
Arts & culture plan:
civic engagement strategies
application deadline: dec. 22, 2017
Public art is putting Greater Mankato on the map as a hotbed for artists, and Twin Rivers is leading the way to make public art one of the fastest growing art forms in our community.
Twin Rivers is committed to providing access to resources and opportunities for artists, sharing current local and regional listings.
Artists are at the core of our mission. Twin Rivers is committed to providing professional development and networking opportunities for individual artists and arts groups.
The work of Twin Rivers is fueled by the support of new interns and volunteers. Gain professional experience and meet other arts enthusiasts by joining our community.
Our members believe, like we do, that arts and culture play a big role in shaping our vibrant community. Learn more about membership benefits.
Watch and read how Twin Rivers Council for the Arts is making an impact on the arts community in Greater Mankato.
twinriversarts on Instagram
This Week's Events
Mon, Dec 4
- Then and Now: Blue Earth County Through the Lens, Blue Earth County Historical Society History Center
Tue, Dec 5
- Yoga in the Gallery, Emy Frentz Arts Guild, 5:30-6:30 PM
Wed, Dec 6
- Rakstar Fusion, Emy Frentz Arts Guild, 7 - 9 PM
Thu, Dec 7
- Writer's Quarry, Emy Frentz Arts Guild, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Fri, DEC 8
- The Mankato Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker, Ted Paul Theatre, 7 - 9 PM
Sat, DEC 9
- Southern Minnesota Poets Society, Emy Frentz Arts Guild, 12 - 3:30 PM
SUN, DEC 10
- The Mankato Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker, Ted Paul Theatre, 1 PM & 5 PM
TapeScape is a massive sculpture and indoor landscape, by artist Eric Lennartson that is inspired by installations by European design firm For Use/Numen. The installations are made completely out of packing tape. The landscape created is an indoor play area for children not just to explore and play, but also to spark a sense of wonder and thought about the unusual and unexpected use of materials and forms.